Friday, August 23, 2013

My (Little) Japanese Side

In two hours and 40 minutes I read 1097 pages from the scanned tankobons of manga (you can find them .) I couldn't stop myself. Kuno would have forbidden it probably screaming this way.



And I think P-Chan will be one of my future self gifts. In case you were asking I'm not an otaku and neither a comics' expert. I used to read Disney comics like Mickey Mouse (involuntarily I've taken after my bro J), Donald Duck, Scrooge McDuck, Minnie and Witch ones.. I read Peanuts for a while.. but this is my first manga. I could read Kodocha or InuYasha next.. Or Death Note, my friend A's watching the anime.




Sana from Kodocha



I'm not really informed about manga and anime, but surely I know best these last ones. I watched so many Japanese cartoons: Lady Oscar, Pokemon, Heidi, Tokyo Mew Mew (got Lori's doll), Kodocha, Holli and Benji, Star of the Sein, Tomorrow's Nadja, Cat's Eye, Knights of the Zodiac, Detective Conan, The Three Musketeers, Card Captor Sakura (got her doll), Lupin III, Doraemon (got the figures), Magical Angel Creamy Mami, Love Me Knight, Good Morning! Spank, Hamtaro (got figures of them all and a big Hamtaro), Dr Slump, Attack No.1, Attacker You!, Sailor Moon, Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch, Romeo X Juliet,.. even some episodes from Dragon Ball, One Piece and Naruto.



I am deeply in love with Miyazaki's Spirited Away. Probably the best cartoon I've ever seen. Unluckily I haven't seen Howl's Moving Castle, and neither Totoro, Porco Rosso or any of his other works. I'll fix this. When I finish Ranma.. and the books I have to read.. and the tv series' seasons. Between the 7403840328 thousand movies I still have to watch (neither counting musicals.)



I think anime are the most Japanese side of my life :) Together with Super Mario, Donkey Kong and Sonic.



This morning I realized I had copied the draft and not the definitive version of this post. Fixed now. Sorry, way tired yesterday J
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment