Wednesday, December 18, 2013

12 Days: #12 "Ranma 1/2"

It's that time of the year again. Here we go with the 12 Moments of 2013.



I've known about this series ever since middle school. It has been on my plan to watch list for years now. Though I never got around to watching or reading it until October of this year.




My personal feelings towards Ranma 1/2 are rather neutral. I've never been a fan of the harem genre, and I still think Ranma's length is baffling for its story. But for a comedy-harem show that has a three digit number of episodes, I will say that it held up incredibly well. I didn't find all of the humor funny, but it gave me laughs throughout its course. That is much more than I can say compared to most anime these days.



But it was the ease at which I watched Ranma 1/2 that was even more baffling to me than my exceeded expectations. Somehow I managed to watch every season within a day each. I don't know how, but I did. Despite my steady watching, I found myself not enjoy it as much as it progressed.I really did not enjoy season three much at all, and it really began to feel monotonous after that. So the show didn't live up to all the hype I've heard from my friends, online and off, but overall I'd say I enjoyed it. I can clearly see how it influenced the harem genre.
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment